Monday 27 May 2013

Cuckoos


Cuckoos

Alison & I had a fantastic ‘day off’ together yesterday, photographing Cuckoos. I have finally got the shots I wanted after 3 weeks of very early mornings! Yesterday was no exception, I was up at 4.00am an in the hide by 5.00am! Alison had a lie in. The early morning mist burnt off very quickly and as it cleared, there was Cuckoo sat right in front of the hide warming itself in the sunshine. I watched it feeding and flying about for the next 3 hours. She was fascinating to watch, I think she is definitely almost ready to lay, the Wheat Ears were going crazy and dive bombing her any time she went near them. I saw 2 or 3 other Cuckoos come and go during the morning, but although she displayed she didn’t really seem interested.  Alison joined me at lunchtime and we had a picnic together, while still watching the Cuckoos, excellent! Alison then did 2 trips back to the car for me with my gear, what would I do without her! My back and legs were killing me.

PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR CUCKOO GALLERY OR POP INTO THE GALLERY AT PORLOCK TO SEE THE PRINTS.

Jack
 
Exmoor Photography Gallery and Camera Shop, The High Street, Porlock, Somerset
T: 01643 862026

No comments: